A former neighborhood association leader, David has worked hard to improve the quality of life of our neighborhoods.
- Fought to build new neighborhood playgrounds and libraries.
- Held the owners of vacant and abandoned buildings accountable with requirements to make sure such buildings do not create neighborhood blight.
- Worked with neighbors to ensure proposed developments fit within the unique character of our neighborhoods.
- Crafted unanimous local CEQA legislation to ensure that the San Francisco planning process is both predictable and allows for real neighborhood input.
- Supported a new Aging-in-Place model for seniors in NEXT Villages, with the first-in-the-nation government funding for such programs.
- Required better management of privately owned, public open spaces to increase their accessibility to all San Franciscans.